Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Revision of all technology classes

This year was very fun and my classmates and I were one of the

classes that went to tech. My first class was science with Mr Sharma

and Dr Jannie Van Hees. Although it was very boring it was very

fun to experiment and discover new things slowly. One of the things

we have learnt during our time there was plastic. Dr Jannie Van

Hees told us that just because everything is plastic some plastic

are different there are some that can be recycled and some that cannot be recycled. It was very fun to learn that and we hope

in the future that I could learn a lot more when I take that class next year


This year the year  7 & 8 went to Tamaki College, I was

in the hard materials group.

when I got their Mr Grundy sanitised our hands. Then

we went inside the class. First we had to talk about

finishing our hard materials before we leave.

After talking about hard materials we all got started into your work.

When we finished talking about our hard materials we went to the

table our work was on and got our box.

The box had our final drawing of our pewter then we

had to write our names on the

board then we had to wait until Mr Gundy called

out our name. When you put your

name in the board that means you are stuck and you need help.

When we get called out we have

to give Mr Gundy our pewter and he'll tell us that

we have to make the sides

smooth so what we did was to Make a good pewter casting necklace.

So we have to write my name on the MDF, Secondly

you turn your

drawing over and roughly mark where it is. There after you put the pencil

on the back of your final drawing. Then you place your MDF under your

drawing. Carefully trace your final design,pressing on it

quite hard. your design will

have transferred to you MDF. Using the scroll saw to cut

out the shape from the MDF.Mark

up the outside pieces. Ready for shaping on the sander.shaped an

ready for pouring.Putting the three pieces together and holding firmly.

Melting the pewter.Then Mr Gundy was scraping off the

oxide layer of the pewter. After Mr Gundy started pouring the

pewter in the moulds.Then we have to take the cool pewter casting

out of the mould. Then we have to cut off the sprue with a junior hacksaw.

Then we have to drill the hole into the cast with the beach top pillar drill. After

that we have to clean up the edges of the drilled hole. Using the needle files

to get a great finish on the edges.Hold the work in a beach vice for areas

that need more filing. Getting a good finish...Grits-180,400,1200,.. got to

get that great finish. Using a 1200 Grit with water. Then we have to 'wipe

off the grit. Then Mr Gundy uses the buffer for a good finish. There after

Mr Gundy starts to do the polishing with  Brasso for the final shine then

we add a clip to make it as a necklace. I really enjoy making the pewter

casting with Mr Gundy because it shows we lots of different things. I have

made a cross but it aint really done yet because I still have to sand paper

it and then I have to polish it. But at the end of this week I would like to be

up to polishing it so then on the last week I only have to make the hole so

the clip can go in it. The photo up top is what I am doing in Mr Gundy's

class I really enjoy it. I hope to go back there one day. For a fact I will

be in his class next year 


During the last rotation at technology in robotics we had to

make a figure of 8 using the

m-bot before move onto a bigger map. It was very funny

for me today because I had

complications with not only one but two m-bots.

When I put my code on the m-bots it will do

something else from what I coded. I liked my first one better because

when we went to go and try it, it was just going back and forward.

Using my 3rd m-bot I finally finished the

task and that was when the class had to log out of m-bot maker.

I really enjoyed it at tech with my class mates. We

finished the day at technology with a cartoon

theme game of kahoot, Tatai, Aria and I came

3th because we where working as

a team. I really hope we can go back into

that class next year. I really enjoyed it 


Thank you Tamaki College for this amazing opportunity, we have learnt

so much from all you wonderful teachers. All our student loved

coming to work with yous. Hope to come back in the future. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment